Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back Home

I'm back home! Since the 16th actually, but I was too busy watching TV! I missed watching TV coz back in Singapore, we still don't have the budget to buy a good LCD TV. Priorities. First thing I ate here aside from my mom's home cooking is... Jollibee ChickenJoy! And I was quite surprised how food prices soared here. Everything actually, movies cost P160-170 now?! WTF happened?! Though if you think about it, SG movies cost more, around P300 if you convert it here in peso, but its different, the standards of living there are higher and you earn more than what you do here. So purchasing power is greater there than here. Here, you feel every P100 that escapes your wallet (escapes, not take out).
I really missed home, but if I really think about it. I just missed my family and friends. Not this hell hole of a country. It's not fair to compare but you really see it. Politics have not changed since I was last here. They're still talking about that ZTE deal that went wrong. And the perpetrators are still the same corrupt family who's caught red-handed but still tries to deny involvement. For other news, bank robbery, 10 dead, and 2 days later, another massacre in the same province involving killing a family with kids. Thats is just depressing and makes me appreciate the peace and safety of Singapore even more. I used to really watch the local news everyday, since Erap's downfall, I've been hooked and even watch court hearings religiously on ANC. But now, I've lost interest. It's like watching a sentai show. Every week, it's the same boss villains, different minion, same results every show.
I still have a few days before I go back so I intend to spend it well. It might take another 6 months for me to come back, maybe less, we'll see. But I do miss Singapore as well, my girlfriend who I left there, my friends, the studio, the food, the places, the weekends at Orchard and Bugis. Someday, I will take my family there and live peacefully permanently. That's the master plan. One step at a time.

Time for more TV.

Oh, the Uniqlock you see on the sidebar is cool, the screensaver is better though (might be a previous version). -------------------- >

3 Comments:

  • What's a uniqlock? :D

    By Blogger meowok, at 1:56 PM  

  • Yeah, what's a uniqlock? :D
    Welcome back to the hellhole, even for a while. :D

    By Blogger igor, at 8:27 PM  

  • The clock sa sidebar ko, that's a UNIQLOCK. There's also a screensaver. I recommend getting Version 2 and the Dry Polo ones. Cute ung girls. uniqlock.com

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home