Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Singapura

My entire life, I have been moving from one place to the other. I was born in Manila, 1979. But moved to Camarines Norte, Batangas, Bulacan then back again to Manila. I kept changing schools naturally and had only a handful of friends that I still have contact with. Now, I am in SIngapore, working with the guys in Imaginary Friends Studios (IFS).
It was an exciting moment for me, I have idolized these people since I came to Deviantart and now being with them and seeing their works in progress up close, it is really a humbling experience. These guys are soooo good yet so young, I feel old and unworthy. But I will get there, I just need to find my own place, my niche among the greatness surrounding me and what makes them even greater is how nice they are as friends. I have nothing but respect to these guys!
Okay, lesse... the food here is great! Almost everything is great except the high price of rent! Haha! I haven't been to all the tourist places here coz I'm waiting for Guia to come over and enjoy the sights for the first time together. She'll probably be here next week so I can't wait for that day to come.
I really miss my family but it's a great sacrifice. This is for them and our future as a family, not kust for me and my artistic growth. Someday, I'll take them all here for a tour. Wow... gotta save for that. I love my family, take care there, guys! Papa, Mama and my sister Jennette!
I realized that whatever your friends are, Filipino, Singaporean, Malaysian, Indonesian, etc, they are all the same. You laugh at the same things, treat them the same way and uhm... boys will be boys. I have made some good friends there, they know who they are so guys, thanks!
And big thanks to my good friend, Sherwin, his wife Claire and his brother Alvin. They accepted me in their home (and I'm still here)and treat me as family. In time, I'll be able to give back to the goodness you gave me. Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • We missed you at the wedding. I will try to email some pics pag nakuha na (minsan mo lang makikita si Igs na naka-barong, e. Hehe...)

    Ingat ka lagi dyan! Olan and I will save up para ma-bisita ka namin kaya maghanap ka na ng sarili mong place para may ma-stay-an kami pag nandyan. Hehehehe...

    By Blogger meowok, at 12:00 AM  

  • Is that all!!? how about d gurls out there?Hehehe....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 PM  

  • bolero ka talaga pre! Nasira PC ko the day after mo ko tsikahin. Text mo ko if uwi ka dito kahit for a short time. Dami natin gimik plano na di natuloy tuloy, puro kwento lang.


    ...and since nabangit mo yun good food. Dont forget yung single minded obssession ko na bilin! :D

    By Blogger addison, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home