Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bourne

Had time to watch Bourne Ultimatum yesterday and I think its a good conclusion to a pretty good action trilogy. I love how he outwits other agents and stuff. One thing though, I really hate how hollywood is exploiting the shaky-camera way of shooting. Sure, it adds tension but when you dont see and understand whats happening with all the shakes... while zoomed in on unnecessary objects like say, a car door while there's a car chase scene and you get dizzy from looking at all the shakes and trying to figure out whats happening. It just makes me sick. So while I appreciate all the tension and the sort of "I'm-there-in-the-scene-taking-part-of-the-action" feeling, it just hurts the movie when all you see are camera shakes. I swear there were just 3 scenes where the camera was steady... okay, I'm exaggerating, there were only 2. Even when they were just talking, the camera cant seem to be steady. The worse scene here was the chase in Morocco, and the fist fight between Bourne and Desh. It seems whatevr they choreographed for those scenes, its a wasted effort since I didn't see anything. All shakes. Hate it.
It was a very good film though. Except for the shakes. I went out of the theater with a slight feeling of vomit.

4 Comments:

  • NYPD Blue yata ang nagpausao nitong camera shake technique.

    By Blogger meowok, at 11:50 AM  

  • "nagpausao???"

    nagpauso, i mean. dang, nakakahawa yung keyboard mo! well, at least hindi nagpasu-- ang na-type ko. hehe... ;)

    By Blogger meowok, at 11:53 AM  

  • hello! Just dropping by :D Wanna start introducing yourself in the webcomic wars? ^^

    By Blogger jactinglim, at 6:36 AM  

  • My gulay. I remember the time when I watch The Blair Witch Project. I had a headache after watching it.

    By Blogger Nick Ballesteros, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home