Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, April 02, 2007

Attention Please


I had a bit of free time the past few weeks and I was able to catch up on games I wasn't able to finish and series I've been wanting to watch. Since Heroes won't be back til the 23rd of April, I wanted to watch something else before that day comes. Should I watch a US TV series? An anime series? Why not combine both worlds and watch a Japanese series... so I watched Attention Please, starring Aya Ueto (Azumi) who is cuteness personified. From the start, I knew I was going to enjoy this... I mean, it's Aya Ueto, and her character's personality is just right for me. I just luuurve girls with bubbly personalities. Well, the J-Drama's about a rocker chick who went to train as a "Cabin Attendant" after a dare by her fellow bandmate. As you can see, those may be 2 extreme careers to follow. From the start, she didn't fit in with the other trainees who were more "traditional" which is required to be a CA (from what I read, Japan doesn't use the term Stewardess which is for female Stewards. While a "cabin attendant" may be applied to both sexes... but actually, they really don't have male stewards on their flights... but who's complaining?! If they're as cute as Aya Ueto, I certainly wouldn't).

And when I was a bit younger, I really wanted to fly and be a pilot someday, it doesn't matter what plane I'd fly in, just fly in anything... a jet plane would be the best though. I was really looking forward to taking Aeronautics in college. Remember when we were in high school, colleges would come to school to discuss careers to help us decide what to take in college... well, I was all set, I was just waiting for the aeronautics school's seminar. And when it came, all things changed. They revealed that MATH was an important part of flying a plane, or at least, in the process of learning. I said to myself, "What the hell?! All I need is a steering wheel and a plane, right?" So there, all hope of being a pilot was lost... I hate math... and I gave up my dreams just to give in to that hate. Haha! Fact: even today, I haven't been on board a plane.... even while parked. Pathetic.

I also finished quite a lot of games the past few weeks. Some I started last year. Okami, Final Fantasy XXII and recently, God of War 2. I had a blast playing them, all of them had good stories to tell. You see, I play games for the stories, I don't play FPS... I do play Lumines. Hehe! Quite an addicting game and headache inducing.

I watched a few videos on YouTube also, especially about savants Kim Peek (The Real RainMan) and Daniel Tammet (BrainMan). These are amazing people that shows us what the human brain is capable of doing. It's absolutely mind-boggling.

1 Comments:

  • same experience of being a kid and wanting to fly a plane... there's math involved? wtf?! hehe...

    By Blogger meowok, at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home