Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hentai in the Philippines!!! OH NO!!!

Last night, it was all over the news! "Sex-filled Anime Being Sold at Shops!" What will become of our holy country?!
Some people are just so uninformed... hentai animes(bootleg VHS tapes) were being rented since I was in high school. Why are they making a fuss now? Because it corrupts the minds of our children? Screw that. I don't really watch these H-animes anymore but what I'm fearing is the total ban on anime here in the Philippines. People just don't get that anime caters to different markets, knowing Pinoys, they'll just treat all anime as bad for the society. I remember a professor who hated students drawing in anime/manga-inspired styles, me being one of them. She sez how can we have our own identity in art if we just draw with BIG eyes, BIG heads, SMALL mouths and SPIKY hair. Man, thats just not the right way to view anime. In retaliation, I gave her gifts, VCDs of Jin-Roh, Blood, and some Hayao Miyazaki classics just to change her views on anime for just a bit. Jin-Roh counters her stereotype on anime about big eyes, and not every animated shows are meant for children, it can be serious too.
Well, this debate has been going on for quite some time now and its useless to change how people view certain things. Because Pinoys are so close-minded.

4 Comments:

  • Yup I saw this twice. On TV Patrol and on Bandila. I made the same litany you did. Name the prof pre! I remember a few of them, one is Tolentino. He was really vehement against anime/manga.

    By Blogger addison, at 1:05 AM  

  • Ung style ko naman mejo serious manga style so I guess it was okay with Sir Tolentino. I like the guy, bait sa akin un e. Too bad I didn't see him sa Komikon. Somebody told me he as there.

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 9:19 AM  

  • masarap yung hentai! especially kung lolicon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

  • Tanggal na sa uste si Sir Tolentino if I remember right. Something about asking for a bribe ata, nasa dean's office ako nung dumaan yun lawyer. Di ako nakapunta Komikon, birthday ko the day before. Dumaan sila Tuto and Ultado, 6 AM nako nakauwi, di tuloy ako nakapunta. :(

    By Blogger addison, at 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home