Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Friday, June 23, 2006

Resurrected


After suffering a coma, my little black box has been revived. A faulty PSU has been replaced by a new one with better wattage. But having an XPC made purchasing a new PSU harder than expected, being a SFF PC, it has it's uniquely designed PSU which costs P3,150 for a 300W unit. Pricey. But what choice do I have?!? I can't live without it. I get my work done here, my entertainment, my information, heck, even my friends are here... well, not inside but you know what i mean.
It's been an eventful weekend for the 2ngaw, searching for PC parts, a trip to a public hospital which really sucked, and things I dare not mention here. But let me tell you how bad public hospitals are here in this GREAT country where the inventor of the fluorescent bulb was born and World Records are aplenty... my girlfriend's mom had a near fatal seizure and was rushed to the hospital. She was admitted to the emergency room where she stayed for hours waiting for doctors to attend to her. In that room where the smell of piss, blood, sweat and poo mix, were people with different kinds of emergencies. One was having a bad case of TB, another with a rotten foot from diabetes, a man with a bloody hand from an accidental gunshot, and others with unknown sicknesses. It's a depressing place and made even more depressing by the lack of help from nurses who would rather text (even with the sign: "No cellphones, cameras, camera-phones inside the Emergency Room" beside them)than attend to patients. Hours past by and still no help from doctors and nurses, my gf was getting impatient, this is an emergency, btw. And after 12 or more hours in the Emergency Room, we were told that we may already check out. Like, the only service they provided was a cold bed with sick roommates. It's a good thing her mom was feeling better.. but I ended up being bitten by a bedbug on a wooden bench... it's impossible but there it was. Leaving a big swollen bite on my back, it's a little scary if you think about who it might've bitten before me. It got me thinking though, poor people really won't live in case of emergencies if they go to places like this. If I only have millions, I'd build a hospital with some of the best facilities for the poor, and only for the poor. If I was Mark Jimenez, I'd do that. Seems like he can afford it.

1 Comments:

  • Geez, public hospitals are indeed "dumps" (excuse me for the term). Im pretty sure if coruption stops (yeah right) and everyone paid their taxes, public hospitals would be as good as private ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home