Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, May 08, 2006

Running Free

Things are definitely looking good for me and my current manga called "FreeRunners". And after a battle with creative frustration and ultimately, creative drought, I have finally found my direction with this book. I used to think that working professionally in this business has left my creativity dry. My art seemed stiff and unintresting. There were exceptions but mostly, they do not really stand out compared to my drawings when I was in college. I guess having a set of characters, stories to draw have really limited my so-called talent. Progression stalled and I stayed in my creative comfort zone. But not anymore. And I strated doing things manually, not relying so much on the use of the PC, using digital tools mostly on cleaning up dirt and stains in the pages. Here are teasers on my upcoming manga Freerunners. Written by Bill Strauss, drawn by me and published by Seven Seas Entertainment! Watch out!





Another thing I'm missing is coloring. Oh well, there will be time for that.

Currently listeing to: Tool's Aenima, Dicta License
Last DVD viewed: Aeon Flux (Charlize is such a goddess)
Looking forward to watching: MI:III, Superman, Xmen 3: Last Stand, Da Vinci Code, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Ghost Rider
Looking forward to getting: FF7:AC DVD, SW:ROTS ARC-170 toy
Number of times the words creative/creativity was mentioned in this post: 4

5 Comments:

  • cool.. pakiramdam ko wala nang mga buto yung mga freerunners. haha :D

    oh, and MI:III is coolness! haha :D kaso, parang naging bigtime movie ng ALIAS ang MI nga lang. v_v atleast it was a lot better than the previous films.

    agree with the must-see upcoming movies list plus Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

    By Blogger Fra, at 9:46 AM  

  • Ah! un din, fast and the furios. hehehe! thanks for visiting, siobe! dapat nasa PBB teen ka. hehehe!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 9:48 AM  

  • whoa...! was my first reaction. what can we say? the 2ngaw is THE 2ngaw. hehe! pati BGs mo, kinakamay mo? ayus sa detail a! di na lalaitin ni belo yung BGs mo nyan. hehehe...
    gusto ko yung 3rd panel sa unang page. nag-improve ka na sa pag lay-out ng panels at pag pili ng camera angles (so to speak).
    i'm proud of you, men!

    By Blogger meowok, at 5:10 PM  

  • PBB teens? haha :D

    dapat ikaw! ikaw! ikaw [po ang nasa American Idol. nyahaha :D

    By Blogger Fra, at 9:27 AM  

  • Uu! kinamay ko yang mga yan! trying to avoid the use of PS sa pages. Tenks!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home