Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Made in the Philippines!!!

From this entry's title, you'd think I'd say something patriotic, support Philippine-made products, etc... but sadly, it's the other way around. After being disappointed with recent DVD releases namely Narnia, KingKong and Saw, I never expected to be in the same position again after buying a Philippine made audio CD. The plague that is LQC (Lack of Quality Control) has spread to audio CDs as well. To start with, they were not really very good technically, the sound mix isn't as good as those from other countries, but that's the studio's fault. Anyway, I bought this double disc relese of Sugar Hiccups' album for nostalgia's sake. I used to listen all day to NU 107 and loved the music of the bands then. I was in college and as soon as I wake up, I'd turn on the radio and listen to Zack and Joey in the morning and stay tuned 'til I fall asleep... okay, that was exaggerating but it really felt like I did. Aaaanyway...I bought it, thought I'd try it and if it turns out well, I'll buy the other double releases as well. And when I opened the sleeve... BANG! Quality, quality, quality is ABSENT! Here are pictures for you to see how bad it is.

GRIP STAND THROW was Sandwich's frist album... not Sugar Hiccup. At least they got the second album right.

If the companies who produce these want us to patronize their products, buy original cds/dvd/vcds, they should really make it a point that it's worth it! Man, at least with pirated copies, you kind of expect these things. But even with the originals?! I always make it a point to buy original cds from our local bands. For support, for them to keep making good music and topple Screaming Regine off the charts. But I was really disappointed and will not buy the other 2 in 1 releases. Too bad.
Marvel has a new storyarc running right now. Civil War. It cme as a surprise to me since I have stopped buying comics since buying DVDs... and I never completed DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths since I could never really relate to the characters (Some of the characters have funny names, if a character has powers of electricity, he'll be called The ElectricityMan or General Electric!). But Marvel is Marvel. These are characters we know and love, at least for me. After a tense debate by our beloved superheroes, it was inevitable to have 2 opposing sides. This is definitely a must read. Superheroes vs. superheroes!

4 Comments:

  • this country is going to the dogs!!!

    graphic novel ba yung civil war? puro graphic novels na yung binibili ko, as much as possible, para isang basahan na lang. too tamad para sumabaybay sa comics buwan buwan na. hehe.
    corny talaga names ng DC charas. nung nabasa ko yung kingdom come, natatawa ako sa mga pangalan ng superheroes, nawawala tuloy minsan yung pagka-serious ng istorya. names like captain comet, robotman, bullet girl, judo master and... germ-man! bwahahahaha!

    By Blogger meowok, at 10:54 AM  

  • I dunno I prefer DC,from the iconic to the obscure. Seriously nabasa nyona ba yun Doom Patrol and Animal Man ni Grant Morisson. Serious superhero is pretentious and an oxymoron. Skin tight spandex na nasa labas yun brief?

    I'm passing on Civil War (and nope wala pa yun tpb dahil issue 1 pa lang yun lumalabas) due to lack of funds dahil inubos ng Infinite Crisis (corniest title ever!).

    Points ko lang why I love stupid obscure DC characters, 1: Haunted Tank- tanke sinaniban ng multo ng isang confederate general, how crazy is that? 2: The Quiz: think of all the super powers you can think of, lahat ng hindi mo naisip yun ang power nya! 3: Andami weirdo concept na hindi mo maiisip basta basta, just buy Doom Patrol vol. 2 "The Painting that ate Paris" is the bomb!

    By Blogger addison, at 8:21 AM  

  • Ang tanong, bakit kailangan ni Superman ng belt sa brief nya?! may slits for the belt pa talaga!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 2:38 PM  

  • duh! Kasi po walang garter brief nya, baka mahubo.

    Pre gusto mo promotion sa new series mo? Kausapin ko si Matt Brady, interview kita para sa Newsarama? BTW kilala mo si Rikki Simons and Tavisha? Meron sila OEL managa sa Tokyopop, maganda comments nila sa trabaho mo pre.

    I really need toget your number again.

    By Blogger addison, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home