Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, April 24, 2006

Summer Simang

Wow! Everybody seems to be going out of town since the Holy Week. I'm a boring guy when summer comes. Usually, I'd rather stay home than go out and soak myself in my own sweat under the hot sun. I do love taking pictures of places I've been to. Last summer, when my family and I went to the beach, something we don't usually do, I have more pictures of the scenery than people. I remember when I was a little younger, the family would always go out of town every summer. Overnight swimmings are regular and we would often find ourselves in the Triple B provinces of Bulacan, Baguio or Bicol. But after experiencing typhoon Rosing last... what, '96? I swore never to return to that place again... actually, it's not the place, its the long rides I hate. The agony of sitting in one place for 5-10 hours, it's torture for me. Sweat and waiting, two of my most hated things in this world. Sleeping in the morning's don't help either. I'd go to sleep at around 7am after a night of work, and internet. Then when 11am comes, I would have unloaded half my body weight on my bed through sweat. Luckily, at night, my room is always cool without even turning on the AC, it's the ninth mystery of the world, I tell you.

12 Comments:

  • Dude I don't know why the heck I'm even following your blog, pero yeah wer'e on the same boat. Umaga din ako matulog. Viva la freelancers!

    By Blogger addison, at 6:37 PM  

  • being in the same biz as you, i also go to bed late. but nowadays, i can't sleep in. i find myself waking up early because of the heat. nagigising ako, as usual around 8, dahil ang init ng kutson tapos ang init pa ng sikat ng araw na pumapasok sa bintana kahit na nakasarado yung blinds. 8 am pa lang yun ha! gah!
    need sleep... must sleep...

    By Blogger meowok, at 10:26 AM  

  • yeh, gising din ako mga 10am kahit 8am na ko natulog. but i now sleep on the floor. hehehe! kesa sa mattress.

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 3:19 PM  

  • I also sleep on the couch at the ground floor kasi ang init sa second floor ng apartment. Ayoko mag-aircon kasi ako lang nasa apartment, sayang ang kuryente.

    But there was a time when I got this stiff neck really bad, it lasted for 2 weeks! I have been sleeping on banig - still on the ground floor - since then. it's been a month already and ok lang naman din. I still tend to wake up late though. Late na naman akooooo

    By Blogger Nick Ballesteros, at 4:25 PM  

  • wats: hahaha! pare-pareho pala tyo! lately nga, better kung sa floor na lang matulog, uncomfortable pero better than sweating paggising mo. isipin mo pang naihi ka sa bed mo. sayang din kuryente kung parati aircon e magisa ka lang naman. but most of the time, di na rin kinakaya ang init.

    addison: bakit nga ba punta ka ng punta dito e wala namang kwenta tong blog ko?! hahaha! problema ng umaga matulog pag may lakad kayo ng umaga. mga 8am... like ako mamaya... gising pa rin ako 2am na.

    bam: bili ka ng blinds na colored dark blue or something dark. i bought a set to shield my tv sa glare ng sun. effective. dati light blue e. won't do sh*t about the heat though.

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 2:15 AM  

  • may tama ka! ewan ko ba kung bakit rose-colored blinds tong binili namin. hehe...

    about sleeping on the floor (or banig), sumasakit katawan ko dun actually, pero it's worth a try... :)

    By Blogger meowok, at 10:58 AM  

  • Ako sinubukan ko matulog din sa sahig. Mga around the 3rd day of doing so, may ipis na kumagat sakin. So now kahit gusto ko pa din, di ko na ginagawa just to be safe.

    Jen, addict ako sa blogs ngayon, somehow nasingit ka :p

    Check mo to, super astig:

    http://datajunkie.blogspot.com/

    puro downloads, lapsed copyright old school comics, magazine and paper back covers, old time radio drama (nakuha ko dito yun Orson Welles' War of the Worlds) and artists retrospective.

    http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/

    This one is a museum for weirdo art around the world.

    By Blogger addison, at 6:38 PM  

  • Sleep? What's that? O_o;; Samahan ito ng mga hindi natutulog dahil sa raket / trabaho. :D

    By Blogger igor, at 7:33 AM  

  • update! update!

    By Blogger Nick Ballesteros, at 10:08 AM  

  • miss those summer vacay too! hate travelling. makes my bum really warm and feel uneasy after a while i dunno why.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  

  • ano naman yung walo pang mysteries?

    By Blogger Fra, at 10:03 PM  

  • Hehehe! E di kung ano ung 7 mysteries of the world tas si King KOng daw ung 8th according to the movie. So 9th na to. hehehe!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home