Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Thursday, February 23, 2006

This is Madness...







From November last year to the present day, I've been collecting DVDs. And during the first 3 months, I spent around P22K getting the titles I wanted to have. I have been lucky in some of my purchases, with some titles costing around P200 only like my Last Samurai 2-disc DVD. It's a good thing I became a member of a Pinoy DVD Forum where I got some of my best value and Region 1 DVDs. Recently, I got The Corpse Bride Collector's Edition (P1,200 with Victor and Emily figures commemorating the DVD release) AND The Corpse Bride Deluxe Edition (P599 with lenticular cover slipcase, Storybook and magnets. Call me crazy for buying the 2 editions... but both have their pros and cons. This movie gets better after multiple viewings. Another purchase last month was The Polar Express with a snow globe (at P750, it's a steal), I have never seen this CG movie and I had really no expectations but surprisingly, I enjoyed it. Even watched it 3 times! Perhaps I had nothing to watch then. I ordered Gladiator Extended Edition (R2/Japan Release) online. The local release was slightly more expensive even with the shipping costs so it was definitely better, quality-wise and practically.
Even though I'm not a fan of the Matrix, I bought the Ultimate Matrix Collection since it was offered for sale for only P1,500. Would you believe?! P1,500 for a 10-disc set?! That's crazy! So am I! And for some weird purchases, I got Cutie Honey (live action), Seven Swords (not really weird), Pinoy Big Brother 1-3. Surprisingly, I still don't have the LOTR Extended Edition sets... YET. Sigh... aside from bills... this is where most of my funds go.

Favorite DVD titles in my collection:
> Star Wars Trilogy (R1)
> Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (R1)
> Gladiator Extended Edition (R2/Japan)
> Serenity (R3 has bad packaging)
> Corpse Bride (both editions)
> House of Flying Daggers (R3/Korea release/Plexiglass case)
> The Nightmare Before Christmas SE(R1)
> Fantastic Four (R1)

... JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY OBSESSION...

4 Comments:

  • dang! what an enviable collection you have!

    By Blogger meowok, at 5:40 PM  

  • Thanks! Mejo proud din ako sa mga yan, they give me joy. Hehehe! Dati toys, now DVDs... I guess the appeal of DVDs is much wider than with toys. Mas marami makaka-appreciate. I even stopped collecting a couple of comic titles. Haay!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 11:41 PM  

  • darn u! ganda nung house of flying daggers!

    By Blogger igor, at 10:12 AM  

  • hi. just passing by and saw your blog. i'm a fan of tim burton, mind telling me where did you get that dvd set? (^_^)

    By Blogger BlackGirl, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home