Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, February 20, 2006

Serenity


I watched this movie with great expectations. I've heard a lot of good things about this movie written and directed by Joss Whedon.I wasn't able to see the tv series Firefly since it wasn't shown here but I'm working on that. Anyway, I wasn't disappointed with what I saw. Serenity is the name of the ship with a crew of six led by it's captain, Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds (Nathan Fillion). I won't go into a movie review here, but I loved how it was written. And listening to Joss Whedon's commentary was fun and perhaps, one of the best commentaries on dvd I've heard so far. Anyway, watch it if you have time. It's a fun ride, sort of combining Star Wars, Star Trek, Pitch Black and a good dose of Western influences thrown in. It is a sci-fi western after all. The DVD features hilarious outtakes, deleted scenes, Future History - The Earth That Was, What's in a Firefly, Re-lighting the Firefly and an easter egg called We'll have an Oaty Good Time and A Filmaker's Journey.

This is now one of my FAVORITE movies!

2 Comments:

  • where did you get your serenity dvd? i'm a big fan of joss whedon, the final episode of angel was so masterfully written. he is so good in combining serious mythical elements with dry humor. still regretting that i didn't buy the complete buffy series when i had the resources. anyway, galing ni joss whedon! pa-burn naman ng na-DL mong firefly!

    By Blogger meowok, at 5:55 PM  

  • Got my DVD sa AstroPlus! P895 for the 1-disc dvd... I'd get the Region 1 though, mas maganda ung cover,konting difference lang sa price... P1200 ta ung R1. But if you don't mind the R3 packaging, ok lang. same contents. Looking for Firefly DVDs. Still downloading them though. Hehe! I'm not familiar with Buffy and Angel, I know he's good. Sya rin kasi writer ng Astonishing X-men ngayon and I really liked how he handled the characters. Etong Serenity, mejo angkop sa taste ko kaya siguro nagustuhan ko rin. heheh!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home