Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Potter-mouth

I was never a fan of Harry Potter books and movies. The Prisoner of Azkaban movie promised to be darker and would appeal to more mature audiences. And although it was the best out of the 3 movies, it still wasn't enough to make me wanna watch it again and again (I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way with StarWars). But having seen the latest Potter movie last night, I must say that I love it. It's probably my next favorite movie of the year (so far) to Revenge of the Sith and Batman Begins. It's definitely darker, some images may even be disturbing to some and kudos to Ralph Fiennes for a chilling performance as Lord Voldemort (although the Voldemort "head" from Sorcerer's Stone looked nothing like the new one). But still, I am not a convert, in fact, the whole movie could actually do without Harry Potter. Just put in some generic character in his place and the movie would still be enjoyable. Hehe! For me, it had a slightly old fantasy-adventure film feel, perhaps that's why I liked it. Anyway, it's an enjoyable film and moviegoers should definitely not miss this one.

2 Comments:

  • my sentiments exactly, brother tungz. not a fan, never read a single book nor have any desire to watch any of the movies again and again but i think goblet of fire is the best in the series so far.
    also, the most emotional. i was moved by pogi-cedric's death scene (and strongly believe that the movie would've been much better had it ended there.)

    By Blogger meowok, at 10:12 PM  

  • At least walang "Five points for Gryffindor!" line na naman whenever Harry does something against the rules. At least ngayon "moral fiber" na sya. :D

    By Blogger igor, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home