Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, November 28, 2005

Holiday Blues

While everyone will be spending their days off from work tomorrow, I will be working my ass off. A friend of mine posted something like this, the woes of working freelance. No Christmas bonus, no holidays, and let me add one more thing, no social life (this really isn't the case with everyone, of course, only WE make it so). The problem with me is: I sometimes don't know when to start working and when to stop. I know it's just discipline, but I guess I am missing the routine of a regular dayjob. A lot of people would give everything for a schedule like mine, but sometimes, it just wears you down. But I love my work, it's what keeps me doing what I do. In fact, I've forgotten about the money I'm earning with this kind of work... or maybe because it just slides off my hands without ever knowing what I did with it... at times, it's good money, sometimes, it's a mystery where it's gone. But what I love about my work is the freedom to express what I see in my mind, it doesn't always come out how I see it here but I try and it's pretty close. The interaction I have with my Boss, I never really liked the formalities between an employer and an employee, a student and a teacher (former classmates know this for a fact) and what I have now is a friendly interaction with the powers that be. It's good. I love how I control my own time, work while still being able to do what I want to do like watch TV, dvds, eat, etc. But lately, it's been a slow process... burned out? I hope not. Perhaps I just need to see something different for a change, go out, work on something new, do something different, whatever. Still, I gotta finish this... only a few pages left. And I'm loving how its turning out. So I dunno what's wrong with me. Oh well... back to the drawing board for me.

4 Comments:

  • freelancers having no social life? oh, how true. i think i made mention of this already in my blog that the closest thing olan and i have to a date is buying groceries at sm. deadlines this time of the year are a killer. if we didn't share an office, i really have no idea how or when we'd see each other. we're beginning to wonder when our next out-of-town vacation will be, if it ever becomes a possibility.
    but still, it's a good life. ;)

    By Blogger meowok, at 12:03 PM  

  • pahabol... buti naman nagsuot ka pa ng tshirt para sa picture sa post na to. hehe...
    tsaka pansin ko, at least, nakakapagpagupit ka pa. (or baka naman pag harap mo, sobrang haba na ng balbas tsaka tutyang sa ilong. hehe)

    By Blogger meowok, at 12:07 PM  

  • hahahah!!! i make sure naman na nakakapagpagupit pa ko at kung ano mang kailangan ko. lumalabas naman ako to pick up dvds and stuff... necessities. hahaha!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 1:13 AM  

  • huy, asked olan about this din. kelan tayo magkikita for xmas? O_o;; para makapang-libre na yung mga may *ahermn* international releases. :D

    By Blogger igor, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home