Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, October 17, 2005

Crises On the Comic World

Over the weekend, I got myself some pretty good comic books. DC's Infinite Crisis #1 and Marvel's House of M #7. I'm not going to write a review because, I don't do those very well. But all I can say is, these books are truly inspiring and worth every peso. Mr. Phil Jimenez' art on Infinite Crisis is impressive, every panel filled with great detail. While this is a good read, I was more affected by what's happening in the Marvel universe, this doesn't mean that it is superior to DC's IC, but since I know more of Marvel's characters, I relate to them more. And the revelations and anticipation in the House of M is truly exciting! I just can't wait enough for the next installments.
Another thing I got this weekend id Batman Begins 2-disc Deluxe Edition DVD, it's on sale now for P499, quite cheap for something this big (at least for me). But I was surprised to see it on sale already since it was scheduled for an October 18 release... that's tomorrow. I guess, a few days won't hurt. Another thing i got was the 18-inch Spiderman Super Poseable Action Figure, it was on sale at 50% off! So I just can't let it pass and got it anyway. Even though I already have several Spidey figures, this one could be considered the "ultimate" in all of them. Heh!
Yesterday, Guia and I went to a wedding... one word to describe the ceremony was "cultish."

2 Comments:

  • i want to go back to reading comics too. i expect to see a lot of changes (story-wise and art-wise) since i stopped reading them ten or so years ago. i bet the genre has evolved in a way. hope to buy some alan moore and neil gaiman stuff... when i get the money. pautang tungz!

    By Blogger meowok, at 9:25 AM  

  • These story arcs will definitely bring significant changes in the future of the superheroes we know and love. Even I was hurt when Batman told Superman that the only time Supes inspired anyone, was when he died! Ouch! But he was right. The stories now are much more human, the art, more realistic. And at first, I wasn't into anything like that but now, I won't have it any other way. I love it!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home