Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Comic Convention

Today, I was at the first ever Philippine Comic Convention. The place was packed but not so much that you can’t move around or anything. It was nice to see, most for the first time, people you’ve worked with and will be working with in the next months or so. Technology is such that we never needed to be physically working with our workmates, everything now is composed of 1s and 0s… maybe; who we think is a person on the other end of the wire is merely an advanced AI taught to interact and learn from peer conversations and soon, take over the world. Or perhaps it’s because I just watched Stealth. Anyway, since this IS the first ever convention, we can see that there’s room for improvements. It’s good to see other artists doing so well also. The comic world isn’t really big here in the country so whoever makes it big really brings your heart joy and hope to be someone like them. I bought myself a couple of local comics and manga. And there was a booth with old wakasan pinoy komiks… for a while there, I was a bit nervous that I might see surviving copies of my old works. Haha! I’m in luck, Operation Jenocide was successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home