Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wrap Up

I just finished watching Rockstar INXS' final episode. As expected, it was JD who won the competitions most coveted prize, being the frontman for INXS. It was sort of an emotional finale for me because, i know I wont be able to see these amazing performers again. I was exceptionally happy for Marty, who's been my favorite, I know he and his band, Lovehammers will go a long way from here. Marty has grown to an amazing frontman and the Lovehammers will only benefit from that and I do hope we'll see their albums released here in the Philippines.
The other day, I went to Greenhills with the sole purpose of getting myself a copy of Final Fantasy: Advent Children. I got one and I was absolutely blown away. The amount of work given here was unbelievable. FF7 characters were given a new life... and what a believable life that was for each character. It made me want to play FF7 again, and hopefully, I'll have better fate than what I had the first time I played it. But sadly, I don't have time for it.
Lately, I've been ripping some of my CDs into MP3s for transfer on my MP3 player. I remember my college days when I usually go to school with a pair of earphones in my ear. Seems I can't go out of the house without some music. Listening to it while walking, catching the bus, waiting, eating, just in everything I do. It's wonderful how technology has changed the way we listen to music, portable or otherwise. Back then, I'd be bringing along a bulky Walkman, strapped to my belt and it's kind of embarrassing to think about it now. I had a Sony Walkman without the Auto Reverse function for the cassettes. So whenever side A would finish, I have to open the cassette deck and turn over the tape, all these standing in a crowded LRT car. And now, with the current tech, the music player has been reduced to keychain size. Wouldn't it be funny to see someone with a big and bulky pair of HEADPHONES jacked in a thumb-sized player?! I swear if I see anyone in those, I'll laugh, sure I'll get into a fight but well, it'll be hilarious!
Manga production is a bit slow right now. I cant seem to get out of this killer headache I've been having for days now. On and off, it comes back and out again from day to day. What could it be... perhaps I should change my pillows, get some of those ergonimically designed pillows that follow the contours of your head giving you the best sleeping experience. But what's stopping me from getting some of those is precisely that! The chance to enjoy your sleeping experience! I may not be able to get out of bed if I have those. The contradictions in life... long ago, I told myself I don't like choices. It only makes my life complicated. Like if you have interchangeable celphone covers... I used to have that problem. Never settling for one cover, color, anything. But one thing I am, is I am faithful to people. Because people, you don't choose them, they are given to you.

Listening to: Jet, Stereophonics, Mad at Gravity, Thornley, Sensefield

1 Comments:

  • Just discovered your blog, can't wait to read No Man's Land 2 !!! Keep up the good work:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home