Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Good Old Friends

Yesterday, I met up with a college friend of mine. We were classmates for a brief period of time but it actually felt like we’ve known each other for years. It’s really nice to rediscover friendship that you thought was lost. With such a small world to go around, it’s not surprising to see some of the people you haven’t seen in a long time. It’s just that people choose to forget about other people. For example, me, whenever I see old classmates of mine, from my early school years, I choose not to approach them and talk to them, say ‘Hi’ or something. Recently, I’ve been seeing a lot of these old people in places I never thought I’d see, perhaps, that is exactly the reason why I go there. Heh! But they’re there and what choice do I have but to say hi. People are naturally friendly with old acquaintances. Not me though. Regrettably, I easily forget names, not faces. You could warp their faces into goo but I’ll be able to recognize them right away… just not their names or where I met them. Anyway, Gem and I talked for a long time and had fun catching up! She was still the same person I met years ago, 8, I think. And that is always a good thing for me. Never changing. I wish people are more like her whenever seeing each other after a long time, like there never was a lost friendship or lost time, just good old friends.

2 Comments:

  • oh! Thanks! Never actually thought these were well-written. But thanks! I'll check out the link you gave me!

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 1:51 AM  

  • My friend,
    "Everything Changes But Nothing Is Ever Lost"
    ;3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home