Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Working and Waiting


For the In-Vaders.

There are two things that I've been doing lately, working on NML Volume 2 and waiting for Revenge of the Sith DVD which will come out November 1... sigh, that's still a looong wait but hopefully, getting NML2 done won't take too long. It better not. Anyway, Guia and I went to the mall to get myself House of M #5, and this issue solidifies my liking to the story. Heroes are handled like they're really human beings, breathing, thinking, feeling but the only difference would be their superpowers. I do think it kinda had it's inspiration from X-men 2 movie. Having Magneto use Charles Xavier to reach out to people's psyches but having his daughter, the Scarlet Witch bend reality to his liking. Where mutants live happily without homo sapiens. Anyway, I can't wait to read more. Wait. Wait. Wait. Oh, and I got this Darth Vader door poster at Comic Quest... for a hefty price but anything for my beloved Vader. I'm planning on having it framed to protect it from anything... but being this big, it might cost me a lot.
Ever since the "Gloria-gate"( the name though for me is inappropriate basing it on US' Watergate scandal... why do they always have to put "gate" in scandals?! Watergate is the name of a place... anyway, UK has Jude Law's Nanny-gate...) controversy, I've been watching the news, the senate/house hearings everyday. And some people would be surprised to know that I watch these. I have always loved watching Historic documentaries/features, etc. Anything to do with history, as long as they have footages, pictures, I'll watch it. National Geographic has had very interesting features lately, just tonight, I watched Victory in the Pacific, the other day, Mafia, etc. So watching the hearings is like watching history unfold before my eyes. This was how I felt watching the Estrada Impeachment proceedings. I felt connected, a part of history. Well, we'll see how this one goes... looks like it'll take longer than the last impeachment.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home