Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

XPC replaced my Ex-pc


My new workstation... ahh... it's a thing of beauty!

After a long and tedious bout with the PC Ghouls, I decided to take action and upgrade to a faster and better workstation. Since this is where I do my living, I convinced myself that this is woth the investment, a lot of my friends and colleagues think so too. Under the hood of this black Shuttle XPC, we have an Intel P4 3.4 Ghz processor, 1 GB of RAM, 256 MB Inno3D Geforce FX5200 and the usual setup. And everything runs well now. Photoshop is happy running on more than 256 of ram which I had before. The only thing that bothers me with this setup is the ultra compact keyboard. I guess I still have to get used to it but it actually disorients my work flow. But that can be fixed, of course. Next week, I'll be replacing my old HP printer (the thing that looks like a bread box) to an Epson or a Canon since the inks are cheaper with those brands. Now... if only I could fix those wires that show behind the setup. I hate those. Hmm... Well, I'm a happy man, a little out of budget but happy... and content. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home