Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Revenge of the Sith


The power of the Force is out!

We watched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith the first day it came out. I couldn't resist so I had tickets reserved 4 days in advance. I was really excited to see this last installment of the Lucas masterpiece that made me watch movies with a passion. This franchise started it all, when I was in college, I saw Star Wars Special Edition in theaters and it totally blew me away. It's different seeing it on the big screen with Dolby Digital Sounds in a theater certified by THX. So after seeing Episode 4, I watched movies every week. Sometimes 3-4 times a week. Anyway, I loved this movie, this has got to be the best in the prequel trilogy. It's just pure eye candy! But one thing that turned me off was the bland script. But I dont blame Lucas for it, he gave us this fantastic universe and for that, I am grateful. Grievous though was not utilized effectively, having 4 sabers at the same time seemed like a threatening idea but it really wasnt much of a threat, spinning blades around and getting his arms cut in mere seconds. ive been reading the Episode 3 novelzation and I think it was handled better there. With more emphasis on Anakin's desperation to save Padme hence converting (not easily)to the dark side. Well, I enjoyed watching this film and I think people should watch it and just have fun! After all, its just a movie. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home