Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Madness


Some of Arch. Charlie Go's impressive collection. I still have a long way to go... but I doubt I'll ever get there. Hehe!

Earlier, Belo and I went to meet up with an architect named Charlie Go. A Star Wars collector who I met at Robinson's Galleria while looking at Star Wars collectibles. We talked for a while and agree to look at his vast collection. So a week later, we finally went there and was completely blown away with the expansive cllection he has. You can see this man's passion for his collection and he even sculpts some of his masks and busts using fiberglass. I have never seen such dedication which I'm pretty sure started way back during the late 70's/early 80's. Lots of vintage collections on everything. You name it. LOTR, Xmen, Marvel Series, McDonald's collectibles, etc. He has em all. Well, probably not but he has a LOT! I was really thinking how he got all these, surely, these things aren't easy to find. So I was equally impressed with the expanse and the perseverance to find all these. Anyway, he's a good man, one can see the kindness in him. It's a shame that last year, he was held up and was hit in the head with a gun. You can even see an indentation to his head, probaly lost part of his skull in the incident. Well, I still have a long way to go to equal this man's passion. ANd I know I can't get there, it's impossible. But at least I'm quite happy with what I have. And with Arch. Go, he can help me expand my growing collection of Siths. I know he too, can't wait til May this year for Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. That will really be something! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home