Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Thursday, October 28, 2004

High School Again


This wasn't tampered with Photoshop.

I picked up Velvet Revolver's album, Contraband earlier. And listening to it transported me back to high school where bands such as Alice In Chains (my favorite), Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, GNR, Metallica were the subject of parents' debates. Some accused of being Satanists... well, sometimes, you can't blame them. As for me, I loved these band's music because of the songs' messages. If you just get past the "noise" and just listen to the lyrics, you might say that the songs are more sincere and heartfelt than your ordinary ballads. Well, that era like our favorite pair of shoes, got worn out and replaced by rap-metal and the revival of punk. At first, it was a refreshing change, but now, the airwaves are over-saturated with these sounds. That's where VR steps in to change the trend. And having members from GNR and STP's Scott Weiland (who dances like a high gay-man), it makes this band more special. And I love it! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home