Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Seeing the Wider Picture.


My Sony Wega 25". Posted by Hello

Lately, I've been using my Wega's Widescreen Mode more often when watching my DVDs. And I have to say that second to Progressive Scan-quality pictures, this is the best! The picture is unbelievably clear and crisp. I've never calibrated my tv's settings before, I thought the set's ready settings were good enough, boy, I was wrong! Now, I'm watching my old dvds with new light! I'm enjoying them more. I watched Citizen Kane (technically incredible movie considering it's done in 1941), LOTR: The Return of the King (excellent DVD quality), Basic (great twist), Azumi (Japanese movies are so clear but paced slow... except this one), Akira, Peter Pan (a surprisingly enjoyable movie),etc. While these are movies I've seen already, watching them in widescreen feels a bit different, it makes you appreciate them more. Well, it could probably be just me or the guys at pinoydvd.com. Whatever, I love it and I'm planning on upgrading my home theater soon. Obsessed?! Damn right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home