Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Monday, August 30, 2004

Morality in the West


Unforgiven's simple yet powerful poster.

Cast:

Clint Eastwood..........William Munny
Gene Hackman..........Little Bill
Morgan Freeman..........Ned Logan
Richard Harris..........English Bob

Another movie I happened to pick up this weekend is Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven, released in 1992. It is somehow different from all the western movies I've seen where the protagonist is completely clever, good, and always a perfect shot. Here, we see the reality of the Old West. Where even gunmen has a hard time accepting the reality of killing a person. This movie has excellent casting. I would have loved to see more of Richard Harris, here he plays an English gunman travelling with a biographer. Telling his stories that are mostly exaggerated, embellished like most of the movies about personalities (policemen, mayors, etc.) here in the Philippines. Riiiight. Anyway, I found this movie slow but the pacing helped in the overall effect of the film. I loved this movie as much as I loved... Enemy at the Gates. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home