Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Hello, Carpal's Tunnel!

It's been a while since my last post here, I've kept myself busy with my current work. It's been hectic but it'll be more than worth it. I am now on page 37... out of 150. I'm given 4 months to do this. I know I can do it, especially with the agreed compensation from my American bosses. I hope I don't disappoint. Right now, it's looking fine. I wish I could make it look better, we are never satisfied with what we see anyway. I could say that with this, I can now call myself an accomplished man. If you think about it, this IS the life for me. As a manga-ka.
Never sleeping at night, when morning comes, that's when I get to visit dreamland. Ahh... never seeing the morning sun... I always wake up at around 11am to 2pm. I would've wanted to sleep more but the heat is just intolerable when you're sleeping in the afternoons. No matter, just a little more and we could have all the comfort we need. sigh... can't wait to see this project out in the market. I don't know if it'll come out here in the Philippines though... maybe. Hopefully.
I haven't had the time to watch Kill Bill Volume 2.Soon, I hope. I hear it's better than the first. Although I can't say that the first movie was perfect, it was entertaining. By the way, speaking of samurai stuff, I got to watch The New Zatoichi on DVD. I saw the older version of this one, it's about a wandering blind masseur. He's an excellent swordsman, concealing his blade in his cane. Although the older Zatoichi had a really lovable main character, the new one has his charms also. They are both old and a bit pudgy. But like everything, it's not in the size but the performance. Heh! The new Zatoichi is much more skilled though. Probably because of the effects put in. Anyway, It's some sort of a musical too. But not the Moulin Rouge type. It's subtle. If ever you catch it on DVD, watch it! It may entertain you, but be warned, like most Japanese movies(with the exception of Azumi), the pacing is slow. Now, I'm waiting for Casshan.

"Sir, are you classified as human?"
"Negative. I am a meat popsicle!"

2 Comments:

  • Really?! Well, for the sake of seeing it, I will, since I saw the first one anyway. Hehe!
    The manga is set on the Old West, but there's a twist... it's still a secret so I may not say more about it. Sorry... :)

    By Blogger 2ngaw, at 2:12 PM  

  • hi! i'm a fan of yours, and i just wanted to wish you luck in your career as a manga-ka! ganbatte kudasai!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home