Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Friday, April 23, 2004

Sweet Sunshower...

I slept quite early last night... after watching Great Expectations on dvd. I remembered how I liked this movie when it first came out. I was in college then, I had lots of time to spare and often in the movies. My love for movies started when Star Wars: Special Edition was shown, back then, THX-certified cinemas were just starting and I was really blown away with the sounds. I felt like I was there, fighting the Sith, lightsabers buzzing left and right, Tie Fighters whizzing up and down. It was truly an experience for me. Star Wars quickly became my favorite and had my hands on merchandises, at least, the ones I can afford. After the trilogy, I became addicted with movies. Watching everything I can but with certain requirements, the cinema would have to be THX-certified... Dolby, SDDS, etc. Back to Great Expectations, I used to relate to this movie, Finn (Ethan Hawke) was an aspiring painter, with dreams of being successful to be considered "equal" with the woman he loved since his childhood, Estella (Gwyneth Paltrow). As an artist myself, I really felt I had to be a success... and having watched that, I felt inspired, I felt like even I can do it. Anyway, the movie had Robert DeNiro who will always be one of my favorite actors. Another thing I liked in the movie is the soundtrack. I actually bought a lot of OSTs and this one was my favorite. Sweet Sunshower by Chris Cornell and Wishful Thinking by Duncan Sheik were my favorite tracks. Sigh, memories of those lonely years.


"SWEET SUNSHOWER"

Dark as roses, and fine as sand
I feel your healing in your sting again
I hear you laughing and my soul is saved
On forgotten graves you cry

Crawl like ivy up my spine
Through my nerves and into my eyes
Cuts like anguish
Or recollections of better days gone by
But it's alright
When you're all in pain
And you feel the rain come down
Oh, it's alright
When you find your way
Then you see it disappear
It's alright
Through your garden's grey
I know all your graces
Someday will flower
In the sweet sunshower
In the sweet sunshower

Eyes like oceans so far away
Feathered trails to a better way
Worried mornings turn into days
And into worried nights


... beautiful! sniff! sniff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home