Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

JENeration Gap

I used to think our generation was one of the luckiest and I’m proud to be part of it. 10 years have passed and it has changed a bit… now, I think we are the luckiest. Think about it… we have witnessed the evolution of entertainment! Take for example, the video gaming. Today’s generation never saw the beginning of one of the biggest industries today. The Atari. Our generation has seen Mario when he was just a few sprites and could do very little against King Koopa, or Pac-man when he was a mere yellow circle with a triangle sliced off. Now, these games can be downloaded and put into your phones… what?! Back then, we were stuck in front of the television, eyes burning with no, not passion or the desire to finish the game… but with tears… tears from looking at those bright colors too long! And being too close to the set because the controllers’ wires were too short! These days, children would laugh at the mere sight of these games. Games that are fun because of sheer game play! These days, it’s “Ooh… look at the pretty graphics!” Well, I can’t say I don’t enjoy today’s games. I do… but I find more appreciation in them than kids who has never seen what the past was like. For that, I am thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home