Confessions of a Dangerous Hand

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

PC vs. PS2

Ahh... I'm back! it's been four days since I last updated my blog. Been a little busy and out of town this weekend.
Anyhoo, I've been waiting for the release of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I might be able to play it on the PC first. I prefer playing on my PS2, I never did feel like I'm playing whenever I'm in front of the PC, same with watching a movie there, there's something missing in the whole gaming/movie experience. Although it may be graphically superior, it has a lot of complications. Buy, install, setup, play. Compared to the PS2, buy, play, no issues! And games today require a lot from your machine... I always thought my PC was strong enough to handle most games, having a 2.1 Ghz processor, 128MB GeForce FX 5200 Video card. Until I installed Deus Ex: Invisible War, my god, the framerate was horrible! So I changed the setting of the game: shadows, textures, and all those other video settings... although it ran on a forgivable framerate, the graphics suffered a lot, it just made me feel frustrated. So after that incident, I swore never to buy another PC game... well, looks like I'll give this box another chance with Splinter Cell. Its July release for the PS2 is just too long for me. Hehehe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home